Senior Fermentation Engineer
Apply before: 22/04/2020
Join BioPhero to Create a Sustainable Future
BioPhero is a biotechnology start-up in Copenhagen (Denmark) dedicated to making affordable, safe insecticide replacements. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products become the primary method for pest control.
BioPhero was founded in 2016 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), and has attracted investment from Novo Seeds, Syngenta Ventures, and SDI. We are currently 15 employees, centrally located in Copenhagen (Østerbro) from April 1st. The combination of strong market demand for pheromones, an excellent sustainability profile, and the potential of our production technology has earned BioPhero a spot in Labiotech’s recent list of top-20 biotech companies in EU.
The Senior Fermentation Engineer will be part of the Production and Process development team, where our tasks range from integrated process development from screen to scale, including fermentation, recovery, purification and modifications. Some tasks are carried out in-house and others in collaboration with external partners. Some travel activity is therefore required, and some process activities may also require working outside normal office hours.
Senior Fermentation Engineer responsibilities include:
- Plan, execute, and report production runs on existing products in collaboration with external providers.
- Integrated process development for new products.
- Plan, execute, and report test-runs and prototype productions in lab and pilot scale.
- Transfer and carry out full scale production with external partners.
- Relevant engineering degree, combined with minimum 5-10 years relevant experience, preferably from industry including with full scale operations.
- Expertise in mechanical separation and product recovery.
- High degree of personal drive, integrity, and a “can do” attitude: We are looking for someone trustworthy who takes pride in getting the job done and getting it done well.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, written and oral.
- Ability and personal authority to lead many different activities.
- Project management skills, structured work-approach with attention to details, safety, communication, and agreed milestones.
- Team player – we help each with the small things and the big things.
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with a start-up culture, dedicated and wonderful colleagues, great opportunities for professional and personal growth, and backed by serious investors.
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of global agriculture by using your expertise and skills.
- An important role in the company where your success will contribute to the success of the team.
- Central work location in Copenhagen (Østerbro), close to the Metro line.
- Competitive salary and company pension.
Applications will be evaluated as we receive them, so please apply early. Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
If you would like to use your skills to change global agriculture in a more sustainable direction, and if you believe you can make a difference for BioPhero, then we hope to hear from you! Please send your CV and application as PDF via this page. For more information, contact Jesper Dohrup (CTO) at +45 6059 0001.