Research assistant in Yeast Metabolic Engineering
Join BioPhero to shape a sustainable future
BioPhero is a biotechnology company in Copenhagen dedicated to production of insect pheromones using yeast fermentation. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products constitute a key method for pest control. We are now looking for a research assistant to help us in our mission.
Being part of FMC Corporation, a leading agricultural sciences company, BioPhero offers the opportunity to work in a global company with a fast-paced start-up culture, wonderful colleagues, and great opportunities for professional and personal growth.
You will work at our premises in Copenhagen until such a time when BioPhero relocates to FMC’s European Innovation Center in Hørsholm.
As a member of the Strain Engineering team, you will create and test novel yeast strains for pheromone production. Specific tasks include:
- Perform advanced strain engineering
- Document results using ELN systems
- Continuously review and improve experimental methods and workflows
- Contribute to laboratory and equipment maintenance
- BSC or MSc in biotechnology
- Hands-on experience with metabolic engineering of yeasts
- Experience with bioreactors and analytical techniques a plus
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures in microbiology laboratories
- A good command of Microsoft Office Applications
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Self-reliant team player with efficient and meticulous work and documentation routines
We would like to fill the position as soon as possible but are ready to wait for the right applicant with the right attitude and motivation. If that is you, please apply below by 30 November 2022.
For more information about the position, please contact Head of Strain Engineering Kanchana Kildegaard at phone +45 2199 8030.
FMC Corporation is a global agricultural sciences company dedicated to helping growers produce food, feed, fiber, and fuel for an expanding world population while adapting to a changing environment. With approximately 6,400 employees at more than 100 sites worldwide, FMC is committed to discovering new herbicide, insecticide and fungicide active ingredients, product formulations and pioneering technologies that are consistently better for the planet. Since 2013, FMC has built a world-class biologicals business with more than 50 products, including pheromones. Under the sub-brand Biologicals by FMC, we provide an integrated approach where biologicals go hand in hand with synthetics to deliver value on top of existing farming practices.