PR and Communications Manager (~50%)
Join BioPhero to Create a Sustainable Future
BioPhero is a biotechnology start-up dedicated to making affordable, safe insecticide replacements. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products become the primary method for pest control. We operate in the space of new biological solutions for agriculture, which is a hotspot for innovation and technology development.
BioPhero was founded in 2016 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), and is backed by strong investors: Novo Holdings, Syngenta Ventures, FMC, and DCVC. We are currently 24 employees, centrally located in Copenhagen (Østerbro). The combination of strong market demand for pheromones, an excellent sustainability profile, and the potential of our production technology has earned BioPhero a spot in Labiotech’s list of top-20 biotech companies in EU, and we have established a credible reputation on the global scene already.
We are looking for an experienced Communications/PR professional who wants to make a positive difference for BioPhero and for the sustainability of global agriculture. BioPhero has a strong technical DNA, and we are looking for a new team player to let the world know about our story and achievements in an impactful way.
Our communication has a global audience, and a highly technical product/application area. Your job will be hands-on to define all aspects of BioPhero’s communication/PR strategy, to select the stories we want tell, to write/produce the content, and to manage the technical aspects of content creation and publishing. The job includes everything from making newsletters and posts on our website and SoMe, over communication/PR strategy, to executing strategic high-impact communication in international media. The role also includes communication activities for our Horizon 2020 EU projects.
The role reports to the CEO, and you will have access to the people internally and externally who possess the technical, market, and strategic insights that will be the base of your communication plan. You will have ownership of BioPhero’s communication activities, and we expect you to define and drive the activities in the area and take our presence and communication to the next level. Since the role is in a small company, we expect you to possess a sufficient toolbox of general and technical text/graphics/web/communications skills that you can operate independently and get things done, though we will enlist external help for specialized production tasks and highly technical issues.
The role is part time on a DK employment contract – 50% time allocation as a starting point, and as the company develops further it will be possible to increase to a full-time position.
PR and Communications Manager Responsibilities:
End-to-end ownership of communication strategy and activities, including:
- Create and own communication strategy including themes and messages
- Create and own communication plan including the specific communication items
- Produce content in accordance with communication plan (structuring and planning content, writing copy, setup, graphics)
- Plan and produce corporate communication: Presentations, newsletters, etc.
- Update SoMe and website content
- Plan and execute PR activities
- Plan and execute conference participation
- Plan and execute communications for EU projects
- Write and coordinate press releases
- Own and update BioPhero’s corporate visual identity
- Manage relations with agencies, media, and other relevant stakeholders
- Documented experience with defining communication strategies and plans
- Documented experience with own content creation
- English, native or near-native level in writing
- Ability to understand technical complexity and communicate it in a compelling way
- Ability to work independently and deliver content ready for publication
- Working proficiency in WordPress, Powerpoint, graphics and video programs, etc.
- High degree of personal drive and ownership: We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in the comms space and who knows how to get things done
- Motivated and motivating team player
- A high-impact role where you will be the expert and the owner of the comms area, which is essential to BioPhero’s long-term success. Your contribution will shape the global perception of the company, our products, and our technology.
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with a start-up culture, dedicated and wonderful colleagues, great opportunities for professional and personal growth, and backed by serious investors.
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of global agriculture by using your communication skills.
- Central work location in Copenhagen (Østerbro), close to the Metro line.
Applications will be evaluated as we receive them, so please apply as soon as possible. Preferred starting date as soon as possible.
If you would like to use your skills to change global agriculture in a more sustainable direction, and if you believe you can make a difference for BioPhero, then we hope to hear from you! Please send your CV and application as PDF via this page. For more information, please contact Kristian Ebbensgaard (CEO) at +45 6060 0909 or email@example.com.