Office and Administration Manager
Apply before: 31/03/2020
Join BioPhero to Create a Sustainable Future
BioPhero is a biotechnology start-up in Copenhagen (Denmark) dedicated to making affordable, safe insecticide replacements. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products become the primary method for pest control.
BioPhero was founded in 2016 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), and has attracted investment from Novo Seeds, Syngenta Ventures, and SDI. We are currently 15 employees, centrally located in Copenhagen (Østerbro) from April 1. The combination of strong market demand for pheromones, an excellent sustainability profile, and the potential of our production technology has earned BioPhero a spot in Labiotech’s recent list of top-20 biotech companies in EU.
The Office and Administration Manager (OAM) performs a central support function in BioPhero to keep everything running smoothly. The OAM carries out the day-to-day work of managing suppliers, facilities, expenses, IT, project reporting, communication and HR activities.
The OAM role consists of a mix of practical and managerial tasks, which all require a can-do mindset and a positive attitude. The role offers a wide variety of tasks and interaction with many internal and external stakeholders. The OAM role is a full-time position, but we are open to discuss the possibility of a part-time contract for the right candidate.
Office and Administration Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Bookkeeping, travel reporting and follow-up of expenses into the accounting system.
- Coordination and reporting for EU projects.
- People administration including access cards, parking, absence reporting, etc.
- Following up on company policies to ensure they are known and followed by employees in the areas of IT, Security, OHS
- Web/SoMe updating and other communication tasks
- Facility management, including control of cleaners, coordination of craftsmen, scheduling and ordering equipment service, alarm systems, etc.
- Ordering and managing supplies for offices, labs, and kitchen.
- Manage the reception function – answering the phone, receiving deliveries, and letting guests and suppliers in and out of the building.
- Perform various practical tasks to keep facilities functional.
- Manage required approvals and documentation for BioPhero’s facilities and activities in cooperation with scientific personnel.
- Organize company and employee events, e.g. board meetings, etc.
- Develop and implement efficient processes for all the tasks above.
- High degree of personal drive and integrity: We are looking for someone trustworthy who takes pride in getting the job done and getting it done well.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Danish and English, written and oral.
- Ability and personal authority to lead many different activities
- Experience with Microsoft office applications and use of IT systems in general.
- Structured work-approach with attention to details
- Motivated and motivating team player
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with a start-up culture, dedicated and wonderful colleagues, great opportunities for professional and personal growth, and backed by serious investors.
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of global agriculture by using your organization and administration skills.
- An important role in the company where your success will contribute to the success of the team.
- Central work location in Copenhagen (Østerbro), close to the Metro line.
- Competitive salary and company pension.
- The option for a part time position
Applications will be evaluated as we receive them until March 31st 2020, so please apply early. Preferred starting date is April 1st 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
If you would like to use your skills to change global agriculture in a more sustainable direction, and if you believe you can make a difference for BioPhero, then we hope to hear from you! Please send your CV and application as PDF via this page. For more information, contact Kristian Ebbensgaard (CEO) at +45 6060 0909.