Join BioPhero to shape a sustainable future
BioPhero is a biotechnology company in Copenhagen dedicated to production of insect pheromones using yeast fermentation. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products constitute the primary method for pest control.
Founded in 2016 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), BioPhero is developing into an established science company – and we need another motivated Laboratory Technician to help us on this journey.
As part of the Strain Engineering team, you will construct yeast strains for pheromone production, including:
- Carry out molecular biology operations such as PCR, cloning and yeast transformation
- Document results using ELN systems
- Review and improve experimental methods and workflows
- Contribute to laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Order laboratory supplies
- You are a trained laboratory technician with a passion for molecular biology
- You have hands-on experience with standard microbiology and molecular biology techniques
- You have a thorough knowledge of safety procedures in microbiology laboratories
- You work independently and efficiently and take pride in maintaining meticulous work and documentation practices
- You are a fast learner with an interest in working with yeast strain engineering
- You have a good command of Microsoft Office Applications
- You are fluent in English, oral and written
The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of global agriculture in a role that matters to our company’s success. We offer a fast-paced work environment in a start-up company with a positive can-do attitude, backed by serious investors, dedicated and wonderful colleagues and great opportunities for professional and personal growth. A competitive salary and pension are of course included.
We would like to fill the position as soon as possible but are ready to wait for the right applicant with the right attitude and motivation. If that is you, please apply through our recruitment portal below by 15 August.
For more information about the position, please contact Head of Strain Engineering Kanchana Kildegaard at phone +45 2199 8030.