Join BioPhero to shape a sustainable future
BioPhero is a biotechnology company in Copenhagen dedicated to production of insect pheromones using yeast fermentation. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products constitute the primary method for pest control.
Founded in 2016 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), BioPhero is developing into a full-scale science company with in-house manufacturing – and we need a motivated Bioinformatician to help us on this journey.
The job as a Bioinformatician is a newly created position referring directly to the Chief Scientific Officer. Working in close collaboration with our excellent research scientists, you will contribute to the development of new and better pheromone products. Your focus areas will be to develop and implement workflows for yeast strain design and biological data analysis, including NGS and omics data analyses.
- You hold a MSc in computational biology, bioinformatics or similar with minimum two years of computational biology experience (PhD or other position), and you possess the following competencies:
• strong Python programming skills
• skills working in Unix environment
• experience with CLC Genomics Server
• experience with NGS and omics data analysis
• experience with databases (SQL)
• desirable: experience with cloud computing (e.g., Azure, AWS)
• desirable: development of interactive visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, JupyteR, or similar)
- You are a strong problem-solver, who can deliver results under tight deadlines
- You are a team player with a positive attitude, who will feel at home in a dynamic, international work environment
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of global agriculture in a role important to our company’s success. We offer a fast-paced work environment in a start-up company with a positive can-do attitude, backed by serious investors, dedicated and wonderful colleagues and great opportunities for professional and personal growth. A competitive salary, pension and flexible work hours are of course included.
Please apply through our online recruitment portal below. Applications will be evaluated as we receive them until 15 August 2022.
For more information about the position, please contact Chief Scientific Officer Irina Borodina at phone +45 61 77 54 51.