Senior Chemical Engineer to lead downstream processing at biotech company
BioPhero is a biotech start-up in Copenhagen (Denmark) dedicated to making affordable, safe insecticide replacements. Our mission is to lead the global transition towards sustainable agriculture, where safe pheromone-based products become the primary method for pest control.
BioPhero was founded in 2016 as a spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), and has attracted investment from Novo Seeds, Syngenta Ventures, and SDI. The combination of strong market demand for pheromones, an excellent sustainability profile, and the potential of our production technology has earned BioPhero a spot in Labiotech’s recent list of top-20 biotech companies in EU.
We are looking for an innovative chemical engineer with industrial experience to lead the optimization and up-scaling of the downstream processes (DSP) at BioPhero.
- Lead, design, and optimize the downstream processing of pheromone products
- Work in close collaboration with fermentation and analytical scientists, business developers, and collaboration partners
- Transfer the technology to the scale-up partner
- Chemical Engineering degree with a minimum of five years of industrial process experience
- Demonstrated success in developing DSP at industrial scale for fermented biotech products – experience with oily products or fatty alcohols is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Hands-on experience with standard unit operations, including separation and purification
- Hands-on experience with upscaling of downstream processing from laboratory to industrial scale
- Experience with technology transfer and process documentation
- Experience with process modeling and cost analysis
- Excellent data keeping and analysis skills
- Team player with a focus on delivering results
- Fluent in English, verbal and writing
- The opportunity to work in a company with a start-up culture, backed by serious investors
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of global agriculture
- A high-impact role with where your decisions will be defining for our future production processes
- Competitive salary, company pension, and participation in BioPhero’s warrant program (stock options)
- A Company location at DTU Sciencepark, Kgs. Lyngby, with daily access to Denmark’s leading scientific and entrepreneurial networks
- A key role in contributing to BioPhero’s growth and success
If you would like to use your skills to change global agriculture in a more sustainable direction, and if you believe you can make a difference for BioPhero, then we hope to hear from you! Please send your application to email@example.com.
For more information, contact CEO Kristian Ebbensgaard at +45 6060 0909 or CTO Irina Borodina at +45 6177 5451.